2017-2018 Dress Code
Dress Code 2017-2018 School Year
Attire that disrupts the educational process, threatens the learning environment, endangers the health and safety of students or any others will not be tolerated.
- General Appearance
- Students must wear a KMS school t-shirt. NO POLO/BUTTON SHIRTS
- 6 th grade will be required to wear the NAVY BLUE KMS T-shirt.
- 7 th grade will be required to wear the BLACK KMS T-shirt.
- 8 th grade will be required to wear the RED KMS T-shirt.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Undershirts MUST be in school colors (navy blue, red or black) and worn under school approved T-shirt
- SHORTS, SKIRTS, SKORTS: must be hemmed, knee length and Khaki-Tan or Navy Blue. No stretchy/yoga type pants or denim
- Male students will wear Khaki-Tan/Navy Blue pants or shorts made of cotton and/or twill.
- Female students will wear Khaki-Tan/Navy Blue pants (no leggings), skirts, skorts or shorts made of cotton and/or twill.
- No sweat pants or athletic shorts will be allowed outside PE.
- Shorts must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Pants/shorts (Khaki-Tan/Navy Blue) must be worn around the waist with a belt (shoelaces are unacceptable belts).
- Pants must not have any holes, frays or writing on them.
- Belts must be visible and fastened at all times.
- Hats are not to be worn or brought onto campus.
- Blankets are not allowed.
- No bedroom slippers or pajamas will be allowed.
- Students will not be allowed to wear personal clothing over their uniform.
- Jackets: button up or zip front are permissible.
- HOODIES MUST BE SOLID RED, BLACK OR NAVY BLUE.
- Shoes: only closed toe shoes allowed (no Crocs, sandals or open toe shoes)
Students in violation of the dress code will not be allowed to attend classes or participate in after school activities until they meet the policies set forth by the KMS SAC committee.